Nova Scotia’s new firefighting aircraft squelch wildfire on southwestern shore - BERITAJA
Nova Scotia’s new firefighting aircraft squelch wildfire on southwestern shore - BERITAJA is one of the most discussed topics today. In this article, you will find a clear explanation, key facts, and the latest updates related to this topic, presented in a concise and easy-to-understand way. Read more news on Beritaja.
By Staff BERITAJA
Posted May 21, 2026 10:04 am
A mini wildfire that was burning retired of power connected Nova Scotia’s southwestern seashore Wednesday nighttime is now described arsenic being held.
The province’s Emergency Management Department issued a connection astatine 7:33 p.m. Wednesday saying the three-hectare occurrence successful Port L’Hebert successful Queens County was retired of control.
Just complete an hr later, the section issued different connection done societal media saying the fire, located halfway betwixt Liverpool and Shelburne, was being held.
Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox arsenic it happens truthful you won't miss a trending story.
Provincial officials said the occurrence was held backmost by h2o drops from the province’s four, caller fixed-wing aerial tankers, and by firefighters from the Natural Resources Department and 3 unpaid occurrence departments.
Last week, the Nova Scotia authorities announced signing a $6.5-million seasonal statement for the usage of 4 Air Tractor AT-802 turboprop aerial tankers and 1 Cessna Caravan turboprop aircraft, which will beryllium utilized to co-ordinate aerial firefighting.
The craft person been contracted from Forest Protection Ltd. based successful Lincoln, N.B.
Premier Tim Houston says the further firefighting instrumentality is needed because wildfire seasons are becoming much aggravated and unpredictable.
Last August, the Long Lake wildfire burned for 1 period complete 84 quadrate kilometres and destroyed 20 homes successful the Annapolis Valley. Also successful the valley, the Lake George wildfire collapsed retired Sept. 28 and raged retired of power for 2 weeks, forcing the removal of 350 civic addresses.
In 2023, the state knowledgeable its worst wildfire play connected record, losing much than 200 homes to fires that forced 22,000 group to fly their homes and businesses.
© 2026 BERITAJA
Subscribe
This article discusses Nova Scotia’s new firefighting aircraft squelch wildfire on southwestern shore - BERITAJA in detail, including key facts, recent developments, and important insights that readers are actively searching for online.